The day has two parts: a seminar and a hands-on workshop.
The Seminar 9:30 – 12:00
Seminar participants learn visual structure, scene and character development and how to conquer the “what happens next?” dilemma.
- Build a simple cinematic story
- Spark the potential energy of “What if?”
- Discover the Visual Story Design process.
- Develop original “Story Different”
- Grow characters: Why, When, How?
- Try to expand beats, scenes, storylines.
- Recycle Mistakes into Solution.
- Understand more of the media-world of story.
The Workshop 13:00 – 16:00
Workshop participants work hands-on scene, story and character development. Ideas from works already in progress are welcome. The workshop is booked separately.
- My ideas aren’t good enough. Fear of failure. Lack of confidence.
- Should I make a short film first?
- Make a film of your own.
- How do I structure a documentary film? Or a show-reel?
- Working with conflict, the Dark Side, relationships.
- My story doesn’t have a happy ending.
The event leader
Daniel Alegi – filmmaker, author, cultural entrepreneur.
Daniel is a local-global workshops have been held around the world. In Sweden, Daniel served as a script consultant for Film I Värmland, and lead online script development on SFI’s Devoted platform. He teaches screenplay at Broby Grafiska and Film Practice at Karlstad University. Cinemahead is a regular collaborator of NUFF in Norway, and “Station Next” in Copenhagen.
Seating is limited to 24.
Click here to Download the Free Ebook “Start-Up Your Story”.
Do you want to invite a student to come with you?
Students and group discounts, email email@example.com with the subject “Student Access”.
- No upcoming events